How to make a mobile-friendly website [KingComposer]
The number of people who use smartphones and tablets for surfing on the Internet continues to grow. First of all it, this trend is caused by the ease of mobile devices using, their wide popularity and increasing of wireless access points. But there are too many websites displayed wrong on the screens of mobile devices.This creates a number of problems when the user tries to navigate a website. It often leads to the fact that the person is annoying, and he simply leaves the resource. Therefore, it is worth considering the possibility of adapting sites for mobile devices. There are two ways of solving this issue:
- Mobile version of the website
- Adaptive design
Mobile version or adaptive design?You will not find the exact answer to this question. There are different points of view, which rely on the minuses of both one and the second option.The main drawbacks of adaptive design include the fact that the “weight” of the site remains large, and so the site will still be loaded for a long time. The mobile version is more expensive and not always search engines сatch it.Some tips for making a mobile-friendly website:
- Website structure must be adapted for navigation using the touchscreen.
- The site should not be overloaded with content since it will be difficult to download it.
- Avoid too much graphics, as this increases the load time.
- The content should be structured in such a way that you can move quickly without frequent page updates;
- The user of the mobile device often uses the Internet in order to find specific data, so information such as contacts and services that the company provides should be visible.
KingComposer PageBuilder for adaptive websitesLook how easy it is to adapt the website to mobile with KingComposer. For example, you need to change values of margin, padding, border, width, height or just hide some section:
1. Click on Section settings on the right side of the page:
2. Select STYLING tab
3. Choose appropriate screen expansion
4. Select tab “Box”In case of if you want to hide element when displaying on mobile phones screen you need to select None tab, how it showed in the picture:
Read more here: King Composer settings for mobile