Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Why are my font icons not displayed?
The most common reason , why icons are not displayed, is that they are requested from a different domain, than the one, you want them to show on. For example, your icons refer to http://domain1.com/ and you want to show them on http://domain2.com/ This is called a cross-origin HTTP request.
For security reasons, browsers restrict cross-origin HTTP requests initiated from within scripts. But when it is made, you get such an error in your browser console:
Font from origin ‘http://domain1.com/’ has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. Origin ‘http://domain2.com/’ is therefore not allowed access.
This problem may occur due to several reasons:
- You have recently migrated to a different domain, but migration went wrong.
- You made redirect to another domain in your Settings>General.
There is a workaround allowing cross-origin HTTP request. You need to copy paste hte code below into your .htaccess file:
<IfModule mod_headers.c> <FilesMatch ".(eot|otf|svg|ttf|woff|woff2)$"> Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*" </FilesMatch> </IfModule>
However, it is more recommended to make all resources load from one domain.
More detailed information on Cross-Origin HTTP requests you will find in this tutorial.
Demo content is not getting installed
If you started importing demo over Appearance>Installer panel section, but it stuck to 0% and does nothing, you need to check your installed plugins.
Most likely, the problem is caused by WordPress Importer plugin, that is conflicting with the theme’s installer plugin and doesn’t let it import demo content.
You just need to deactivate or delete WordPress Importer plugin and restart import.
Blog settings are not applied on page
You created a blog page and selected desired parameters, like blog layout, categories to display, number of items on page etc. But still after saving you see blog in list style with no changes.
Most likely you selected some page as a main blog page via Settings>Reading>Posts page field.
This parameter is the standard option of WordPress. If you are using one of the default WordPress themes, like Twenty Fifteen, you have to choose a blog page from the list. If you leave the field empty, your posts will only be accessible via other navigation features such as category, calendar, or archive links.
But if you are using any other WordPress theme, for example a Crumina theme, this parameter will conflict with the themes settings. That’s why when you set up blog page, its settings can be overriden by default WordPress settings.
In this case, you have to cancel selection via Settings>Reading>Posts page field.
Error while uploading custom icon pack
You created a pack with your custom icons and want to use them on your website. But when you upload it via Appearance>Icon manager you receive an error. What is the problem?
Apparently the icons are in the wrong format, therefore cannot be used on the website.
My website got infected
A recently discovered vulnerability in Wordpress platform, leaves your site open to attack. That’s why it is important to follow these guidelines to protect your site from unwanted malware.
1. All malwares come from external sources and try to infect the active theme. That’s why you have to at least clean your WordPress repository from suspicious files. But more reliable way is to delete all files from WordPress repository (themes, plugins, uploads folder etc.) except wp-config.php file and upload the new ones. The latest version of the Crumina themes can be download from a customer’s Themeforest account. The latest versions of third-party plugins, that come bundled with the themes, can be downloaded from this page.
2. Most viruses penetrate to the site by password guessing. That’s why it is also recommended to change your WordPress and FTP login credentials.
3. It is recommended to install and set up some WordPress security plugin.
4. As additional protection, you can change your wp-login page name with some WordPress plugins, like Rename wp-login.php.
5. It is strongly recommended to update themes, plugins and WordPress in time.
All these steps will prevent your site from infecting.
Change my-product slug for portfolio items
Default slug for portfolio items in WordPress is “my-product”.
This slug can be changed to your custom one with help of the extra option in Crumina themes.
The option is located in:
– Theme options (Options)> Portfolio options>Custom slug for portfolio items (Embrace, Atlantis, Maestro)
– Options> Main options>Custom slug for portfolio items (Secontouch, Onetouch, Glider).
Enter your custom slug without gaps and save Options.
Note, that the slug has to be unique. It means that, if you have a page with the slug, for example, “portfolios”, it is not possible to have custom slug with the same name. In this case, you have to find alternative slug, for example “portfolio-item” etc.
After you added your custom slug, go to Settings>Permalinks and click “Save changes” button.
I cannot activate Layer slider with theme purchase code
Layer slider is independent product, that is sold on Codecanyon by its author. When you purchase it, you get an item purchase code that can be used to activate automated plugin updates.
When you get Layer slider bundled with the theme, you don’t get item purchase code with it and you cannot activate automated updates using purchase code of your theme.
It doesn’t mean that you have to buy Layer slider additionally to get updates for it. Layer slider and other third-party plugins, that come bundled with Crumina themes, are free for the customers of Crumina themes and you can get all latest versions of them on Crumina community forum.
In order to update the plugin, download and unzip the archive and upload the plugin folder to ‘wp-content/plugins‘ directory replacing the old file.
Also you can update third-party plugins directly from our updates server, when new theme version is out.
How to find your ThemeForest Item Purchase Code
To find your licence key/purchase code you need to log into your ThemeForest account and open your “Downloads” tab.
Find the theme name in the list of the purchased items, click on “Download” button near the theme and in the opened drop down menu select “License certificate & purchase code” in desired format: PDF or TXT.
After you have downloaded the certificate you can open it and copy the Item Purchase Code.
How do I get consumer key for sign in with twitter
1. Go to URL – http://twitter.com/apps and fill username and password. Create account if you don’t have one.
2. You will see Create Application page. Press Create Application and you will then see this page.
3. Fill your application name, app description and callback url. Write any dummmy url as callback url.In website section fill any anonymous url and press Submit. You will then see this page.
4. The details page contains info about consumer key and secret.Go to Settings page and give your app read-write access as shown below :
5. Note down key and secret and copy them in Theme options -> Twiter panel
How do I download the latest theme version from Themeforest
Log in your Themeforest account and click “Downloads” tab. Find the theme in the list of all purchased items and click “Download” button in front of its name.
Select “All files and documentation” in the dropdown menu.
After you have downloaded theme package, unzip it and find theme archive in “Theme in that folder!” directory.
How to add custom Google font to Layer slider
Go to “Layer slider>All Sliders” section. Go down the page to Load Google Fonts settings and search the desired Google font, for example, ‘Roboto ‘http://prntscr.com/812ejy .
Select font-weights and click “Add font” button http://prntscr.com/812ecw .
Save changes and go to Layer edit page. Switch to the “Styles” tab of your Text layer and insert the font rule of that kind:
font-family: ‘Roboto’, sans-serif; font-weight: 300;
Save changes and view them on the front page.